WASTE MANAGEMENT DISTRICT
Home of the Last Chance Mercantile
REGULAR MEETING DISTRICT
NOTICE & AGENDA
May 20, 2022
Please Note: The meeting will be held (1) virtually via Zoom and is compliant with California Government Code Section 54953(e)(1)(A), with Governor Newsom's executive Order N-29-20 and with the Recommendation of the Monterey County Health Official dated September 22, 2021, regarding social distancing including remote meetings of legislative bodies, which together allow local legislative bodies to hold public meetings electronically or via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and address the local legislative body to avoid public gatherings, and which suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act, and (2) as a regular meeting, To join the zoom webinar, click on this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/83986786320 copy/paste the link into your browser, or type the link into your browser. If your computer does not have audio, you will also need to join the meeting via phone. To participate via phone, please call: 1-669-900-9128; Meeting ID: 839 8678 6320 Public Comments: if you are unable to participate virtually or via telephone, you may also submit your comments by e-mailing them to email@example.com with one of the following subject lines "Public Comment Item #" (insert the item number relevant to your comment) or “Public Comment - Non Agenda Item". Comments must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, May 19, 2022. All submitted comments will be provided to the Board and may be read into the record or compiled as part of the record.
CALL TO ORDER AT 9:00AM
ROLL CALL AND ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
Anyone wishing to address the Board on matters not appearing on the Agenda may do so now. Please limit comments to a maximum of three (3) minutes. The public may comment on any other matter listed on the agenda at the time the matter is being considered by the Board.
As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to a Closed Session to consider specific matters dealing with litigation, certain personnel matters, real property negotiations or to confer with the District's Meyers-Milias-Brown Act representative.
1. Conference with Labor Negotiators:
District Negotiators: Felipe Melchor, Helen Rodriguez and Berta Torres
Employee Organizations: Operating Engineers
2. Conference with Legal Counsel--Anticipated Litigation
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of section 54956.9: One case
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION with ANY REQUIRED ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM CLOSED SESSION
Please note: A report out and announcement concerning the closed session will be provided to anyone requesting same by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome odalys barajas new public education and outreach specialist
WELCOME JAY RAMOS NEW DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
1) Approve Resolution No. 2022-10, regarding the Ralph M. Brown Act (California Government Code §§54950- 54963, hereinafter the “Brown Act”) and Assembly Bill 361, making certain findings, and authorizing the District to implement remote teleconferenced public meetings of the Board and the District’s standing committees (i.e., Finance and Personnel) for the period May 20, 2022 through June 20, 2022.
9) Resolution 2022- 11 Proclaiming May 15-21, 2022 as National Public Works Week.
10) Recognize Randy Evanger, Heavy Equipment Supervisor for 30 Years of Service.
11) Recognize Alex Montejano, Senior Maintenance Worker – Site & Facilities for 20 Years of Service.
12) Presentation of 2022 Artist in Residence exhibit “Home: The Things We Carry” by Taylor Paige Prentiss.