NOTICE & AGENDA
February 15, 2019
14201 Del Monte Blvd., Monterey County, CA
CALL TO ORDER AT 9:30 AM
ROLL CALL AND ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
Anyone wishing to address the Board on matters not appearing on the Agenda may do so now. Please limit comments to a maximum of three (3) minutes. The public may comment on any other matter listed on the agenda at the time the matter is being considered by the Board.
These matters include routine financial and administrative actions, which are usually approved by a single majority vote. Individual items may be removed from Consent for discussion and action.
1) Approve Minutes of January 18, 2019 Regular Board Meeting.
2) Approve Report of Disbursements, and Board and Employee Reimbursements.
3) Receive Report on January 30, 2019 Finance Committee Meeting.<![if !supportNestedAnchors]><![endif]>
4) Receive Report on January 30, 2019 Personnel Committee Meeting.
5) Approve Contract with Golder Associates, Inc. for the Field Investigation, Design, and Construction Documents of Module 7 Landfill Base Liner System in the Amount of $124,098.
6) Approve Contract with Golder Associates, Inc. for Landfill Master Plan Update in the Amount of $149,125.
7) Approve a PG&E Easement Deed for Electrical Supply to RAMCO Enterprise (For Adjacent Parcel).
8) Approve Contract with Mathews Mechanical for Materials Recovery Facility Maintenance Access Improvement in the Amount of $75,947.
9) Declare Surplus Property and Authorize Disposition of District Equipment.
10) Approve Purchase of Five (5) 40-Yard Roll-Off Boxes from Wastequip Inc. of Taft, CA for a Total Cost of $48,770.69, Including Sales Tax and Freight.
11) Accept California Public Employees Retirement System Public Agency Review and Approve Amendments to:
<![if !supportLists]>a) <![endif]>2012-2018 Salary Schedules to Comply with the Public Employees’ Retirement Law (PERL).
<![if !supportLists]>b) <![endif]>July 2011 and October 2014 Memoranda of Understanding with Bargaining Units (Longevity Pay Clause) to Comply with PERL.
12) Adopt Resolution 2019-02 in Support of a Statewide Commission on Recycling Markets.
13) Recognition of Accounting Technician Tina Reid for 30 Years of Service to the District.
14) 10 Year Recognition to Director Bruce Delgado.
15) 15 Year Recognition to Director Leo Laska.
16) Small Planet News: American Public Works Association Award.
Other Items for board consideration, discussion and action
17) Accept Annual Audit for Fiscal Year 2017/18.
18) Review Finance, Operating, and Recycling Reports.
19) Report on Public Education Outreach.
20) Report on January 15, 2019 Meeting of Special Districts Association of Monterey County.
21) Letter from Special District Risk Management Authority RE: Notification of Nominations for Board of Directors 2019 Election.
22) Email from Solid Waste Association of North America Executive Director RE: SWANA Update.
General manager communications
23) Accept Chair Recommendation for Committee Appointments.
CLOSED SESSION (Tentatively scheduled at 11 am)
As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to a Closed Session to consider specific matters dealing with litigation, certain personnel matters, property negotiations or to confer with the District's Meyers-Milias-Brown Act representative.
1. Conference with Legal Counsel - Anticipated Litigation
Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) of subdivision (d) of Section 54956.9: (One Case)
2. Conference with Property Negotiators:
Property: Landfill Site Space/Capacity
District Negotiators: Tim Flanagan & Guy Petraborg
Negotiating Parties: Salinas Valley Solid Waste Authority, City of Salinas, and County of Monterey
Terms: All Terms and Conditions
3. Conference with Labor Negotiators:
District Negotiators: Tim Flanagan, Peter Skinner, and Berta Torres
Employee Organizations: Operating Engineers and Management Employees
RETURN TO OPEN SESSION with ANY REQUIRED ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM CLOSED SESSION
Next meeting date: march 22, 2019