January 20, 2022, 9:05 a.m.
In-Person: Bales Board Room
Meeting ID: 864 0468 7983
Please see meeting information notice at the end of this agenda for more details.
Call to Order at 9:05 a.m. Immediately Following the Authority Meeting
Welcome New Board Members
Roll Call & Establishment of Quorum
Chair: Jason Campbell, City of Seaside
Vice Chair: Kim Shirley, City of Del Rey Oaks
Directors: Leo Laska, Pebble Beach Community Services District
Bruce Delgado, City of Marina
Jerry Blackwelder, City of Sand City
Wendy Root Askew, County of Monterey
Bill Peake, City of Pacific Grove
Kim Barber, City of Monterey
Karen Ferlito, City of Carmel-by-the-Sea
Pledge of Allegiance
Anyone wishing to address the Board on matters not appearing on the agenda may do so now. Please limit comments to a maximum of three (3) minutes. The public may comment on any other matter listed on the agenda at the time the matter is being considered by the Board. For information about submitting public comments in writing in advance of the meeting, please see the Meeting Information section of this agenda.
These matters include routine financial and administrative actions, which are usually approved by a single majority vote. Individual items may be removed from consent for discussion and action.
1. Approve Resolution No. 2023-01, Regarding the Ralph M. Brown Act (California Government Code §§54950- 54963, hereinafter the “Brown Act”) and Assembly Bill 361, Making Certain Findings, Re-Ratifying the Proclamation of a State of Emergency by Governor Newsom on March 4, 2020 and Re-authorizing Remote Teleconference Meetings of the District Board and its Standing Committees (i.e., Finance and Personnel) for the period January 20, 2022 through February 20, 2022. Pursuant to Applicable Brown Act Provisions.
9. Presentation of Resolution (2023-02) of Appreciation for Director Carrie Theis
10. Presentation of Resolution (2023-03) of Appreciation for Director Dan Albert
11. Presentation of Resolution (2023-04) of Appreciation for Retired Employee Genaro Jaurreita, Sorter I
14. Declare District assets D6r Bulldozer, Cat 938G Loader and 1998 Chevy 2500 Utility Truck as surplus and authorize the disposition by selling them for scrap, seal bid solicitation or third-party auction.
16. Authorize the General Manager to Execute a Contract with Wood Brothers Inc. of Lemoore, CA for hauling of long-term intermediate cover in the amount not to exceed $105,000 (includes 10% contingency).
18. Committee Appointments
As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to a closed session to consider specific matters dealing with litigation, certain personnel matters, real property negotiations or to confer with the ReGen Monterey’s Meyers-Milias-Brown Act representative.
1. Conference with Real Property Negotiators:
Property: Acreage leased to Keith Day Company
District Negotiators: Felipe Melchor, Guy Petraborg, Jay Ramos, Helen Rodriguez
Under Negotiation: All terms including permits
2. Conference with Property Negotiators
Property: Landfill Site Space/Capacity
District Negotiators: Felipe Melchor, Guy Petraborg, Jay Ramos, Helen Rodriguez, Garth Gregson and Zoe Shoats
Terms Being Negotiated: Price and Terms of Payment
Negotiating Party: Zanker Road Resource Management Ltd. (Zanker Recycling)
Return to Open Session
Please note: A report out and announcement concerning the closed session will be provided. Anyone requesting a report out of closed session items may contact the board clerk.
Next Meeting Date: February 20, 2023
Virtual & Regular Meeting Notice: The meeting will be held (1) virtually via Zoom and is compliant with California Government Code Section 54953(e)(1)(A), with Governor Newsom's executive Order N-29-20 and with the Recommendation of the Monterey County Health Official dated September 22, 2021, regarding social distancing including remote meetings of legislative bodies, which together allow local legislative bodies to hold public meetings electronically or via teleconference and to make public meetings accessible telephonically or otherwise electronically to all members of the public seeking to observe and address the local legislative body to avoid public gatherings, and which suspended all contrary provisions of the Brown Act, and (2) as a regular meeting.
To join the Zoom webinar: Click on this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86404687983
copy/paste the link into your browser, or type the link into your browser. If your computer does not have audio, you will also need to join the meeting via phone. To participate via phone, please call: 1-669-900-9128; Meeting ID: 864 0468 7983.
Public Comments: If you are unable to participate virtually or via telephone, you may also submit your comments by e-mailing the board clerk at IGonzales@ReGenMonterey.org with one of the following subject lines "Public Comment Item #" (insert the item number relevant to your comment) or “Public Comment - Non Agenda Item". Comments must be received by 4 p.m. on the day prior to the scheduled meeting. All submitted comments will be provided to the Board and may be read into the record or compiled as part of the record.
This agenda was posted at the ReGen Monterey administrative offices at 14201 Del Monte Blvd, Salinas, CA, 93908. The agenda, including staff reports and additional information regarding these items, are available on our website at ReGenMonterey.org and our administrative office during regular business hours (additional fee may apply for copying).
This agenda is subject to revision and may be amended prior to the scheduled meeting. If amended, a final agenda will be reposted.
All meetings are open to the public. ReGen Monterey does not discriminate against persons with disabilities and the boardroom is wheelchair accessible. In compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate, please contact Board Clerk, Ida Gonzales at 831-384-5313 or email IGonzales@ReGenMonterey.org. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable us to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible. Recordings of meetings can be provided upon request.