November 17, 2023, 9:00 a.m.
In-Person: 14201 Del Monte Blvd, Salinas CA 93908 - Bales Board Room
Meeting ID: 815 9459 7007
Board Members will be attending this meeting In-Person: Bales Board Room (or otherwise virtually via applicable teleconferencing provisions set forth in the Brown Act). The public may attend this meeting under either option of a hybrid format: in-person, as noted above, or virtually.
Please see the meeting information notice at the end of this agenda for more details.
Call to Order at 9:00 a.m.
Just Cause Notifications and Emergency Circumstance Requests (AB 2449)
Roll Call & Establishment of Quorum
Chair: Jason Campbell, City of Seaside
Vice Chair: Kim Shirley, City of Del Rey Oaks
Directors: Leo Laska, Pebble Beach Community Services District
Bruce Delgado, City of Marina
Jerry Blackwelder, City of Sand City
Wendy Root Askew, County of Monterey
Bill Peake, City of Pacific Grove
Kim Barber, City of Monterey
Karen Ferlito, City of Carmel-by-the-Sea
Pledge of Allegiance
Anyone wishing to address the Board on matters not appearing on the agenda may do so now. Please limit comments to a maximum of three (3) minutes. The public may comment on any other matter listed on the agenda at the time the matter is being considered by the Board. For information about submitting public comments in writing in advance of the meeting, please see the Meeting Information section of this agenda.
These matters include routine financial and administrative actions, which are usually approved by a single majority vote. Individual items may be removed from consent for discussion and action.
6. Authorize the General Manager to Execute a Contract with California Premier Restoration of Monterey, CA for Materials Recovery Facility (MRF), Franchise Truck Yard, Maintenance, and Last Chance Mercantile Exterior Power Washing in the Amount of $110,000 (includes 5% contingency).
7. Approve Early Site Closure on December 2, 2023, at 2:00 p.m.
11. Presentation of Resolution 2023-12 of Appreciation for Retiring Employee Sabrina Bailey, Weighmaster.
12. Presentation of Resolution 2023-13 Appreciation for Director Leo Laska for 20 Years of Service.
13. Update on Monterey Renewable Energy Projects
15. Approve Declaration of Surplus Equipment; SI54 - 2002 Ford F150, MR37 - 2009 Volvo Roll Off Truck, and MR38 -2009 Volvo Roll Off Trucks as Surplus and Authorize the Disposition of Multiple ReGen Monterey Assets by Selling them for Scrap, Seal Bid Solicitation or Third-Party Auction.
16. Approve Resolution (2023-14) Authorizing the Purchase of Caterpillar 725 Water Truck using the preferential competitive pricing offered through Sourcewell (formally known as National Joint Powers Alliance, NJPA).
17. Approve Resolution (2023-15) Authorizing the Purchase of New Caterpillar 966 Loader using the preferential competitive pricing offered through Sourcewell (formally known as National Joint Powers Alliance, NJPA).
General Manager Communications
Election of Board Officers
Closed Session Any Closed Session Items
As permitted by Government Code Section 54956 et seq., the Board may adjourn to a closed session to consider specific matters dealing with litigation, certain personnel matters, real property negotiations or to confer with the ReGen Monterey’s Meyers-Milias-Brown Act representative.
Return to Open Session
Please note: A report out and announcement concerning the closed session will be provided. Anyone requesting a report out of closed session items may contact the board clerk.
Next Meeting Date: January 19, 2024
Virtual & Regular Meeting Notice: The meeting will be held (1) as a regular in-person meeting and (2) virtually via Zoom.
To join the Zoom webinar: Click on this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81594597007 copy/paste the link into your browser or type the link into your browser. If your computer does not have audio, you will also need to join the meeting via phone. To participate via phone, please call: 1-669-900-9128; Meeting ID: 815 9459 7007
Public Comments: If you are unable to participate virtually or via telephone, you may also submit your comments by e-mailing the board clerk at IGonzales@ReGenMonterey.org with one of the following subject lines "Public Comment Item #" (insert the item number relevant to your comment) or “Public Comment - Non Agenda Item". Comments must be received by 4 p.m. on the day prior to the scheduled meeting. All submitted comments will be provided to the Board and may be read into the record or compiled as part of the record.
This agenda was posted at the ReGen Monterey administrative offices at 14201 Del Monte Blvd, Salinas, CA, 93908. The agenda, including staff reports and additional information regarding these items, are available on our website at ReGenMonterey.org and our administrative office during regular business hours (additional fee may apply for copying).
This agenda is subject to revision and may be amended prior to the scheduled meeting. If amended, a final agenda will be reposted.
All meetings are open to the public. ReGen Monterey does not discriminate against persons with disabilities and the boardroom is wheelchair accessible. In compliance with the Americans Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate, please contact Board Clerk, Ida Gonzales at 831-384-5313 or email IGonzales@ReGenMonterey.org. Notification 48 hours prior to the meeting will enable us to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to this meeting. Later requests will be accommodated to the extent feasible. Recordings of meetings can be provided upon request.